CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Six going on 16, part one

I know I've said this many times, but wow! I can't believe Taylor just turned six. Time really needs to slow down a bit. Taylor is such a joy to have in our family and we are so grateful for her. Since her birthday fell on a school day, we were up early to celebrate. After having a special pancake breakfast, accompanied with candles and singing, she opened a few presents. You would have thought her new Barbie Dreamhouse would have been the favorite, but the sponge and duck bath soap was the real hit of the morning. Guess I need to remember to keep it simple. You'd think I would have learned from her first Christmas when we went overboard on gifts and the only thing she liked was a cardboard box and ribbons...
Another fav this year... a glitter ball



After a fun day of school, I took her to Kneaders for a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup, one of her favorite meals (must have got that from her mama)
Special balloons from Aunt Christy and Alexa
The popular sponge and bath soap (She wanted me to take a photo, that's how excited she was. This girl seriously cracks me up!)
Grandma Betty was a real hit when she arrived with some exciting gifts, namely a cat encyclopedia(which she looks at daily), a kitty pencil case, and a darling pink tutu outfit(pictured below)Later that night, we took Taylor out to dinner at California Pizza Kitchen (her choice for delicious mac n' cheese).




The birthday outfit (Thanks Gma Betty!)
After we got home from dinner, we had a few more suprises for her. Her new Tiona doll and nightgown were a hit, as you can see from the pictures below. Yes, I know, we spoil her. Not rotten, but we do spoil. That's what happens with an only child. Especially when she's so dang cute.

Happy Sweet Six Taylor! We love you!

1 comments:

Aly G said...

O my she is so cute! I don't think you can ever spoil a girl too much!!! Especially when they are as sweet as her!!