CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 12, 2010

What was I thinking?

In July 2010, I ran the Freedom half marathon with some of my siblings and althought I was somewhat trained for the event, it proved it be the worst race I've been in! I think it was the 7:30 mile for the first 3 miles down Emigration that later killed me. I am usually a slow poke runner, pacing myself around a 10 minute mile, so I think I shot myself in the foot by not paying attention to my pace. Or maybe it was the puking? Or diarrhea at miles 7 and 9? lol. Needless to say, I finished the race, slept in the car while my family ate at the Original House of Pancakes, and have since taken a brief hiatus from running long distances. So...what was I thinking when two days later, we decided to hike to the Timpanogos caves? I couldn't keep up with anyone because my hammies and quads were burning, so I am grateful I had Tay by my side as an excuse! All in all, we had a great time in the caves and the hike was beautiful.
A few pictures...




Those are some tan legs for mid-summer...

Rommel

Mike and Karlee
Christy Tay having some fun while waiting (and waiting and waiting..) for me to finish
Our Timp hike











1 comments:

Mrs. DuBois said...

I really need to take Isa on that hike! Looks like fun. :)