Here is Tay's top ten in no particular order (except numbers one and two), courtesy of my sister-in-law Emily tagging me...
1. Her green silky blankie and pink bunny. She CANNOT and WILL NOT live without them. They accompany us in the car everywhere we go, although I do have to limit where she actually takes them. We honestly don't know what we would do if she lost her blankie. I have bought several other Little Giraffe blankies that are identical yet different colors and she wants nothing to do with them. I think it's the worn-out effect on the silky edges that makes her love it so much.
2. Her left thumb. As an infant, I forced a pacifier on her, but to no avail. She loved her thumb from day one. We even have ultrasound pics of her with thumb in mouth! I am guessing that Murphy's Law comes into play here, being that I am a dental hygienist and know how much easier it is to take a pacifier away versus cutting the thumb off. Oh well, I figure she'll stop at some point. I'll let her enjoy it a little longer.
3. Books. She would rather read books than play with dolls anyday. And she loves the library class we go to weekly and the dozen or so new books we bring home each time.
4. Waffles and chicken nuggets. As of the last few months, ask Taylor at any meal what she wants and you will get one of these two answers. I'm not so big on the chicken nuggets, because she would rather have them from McDonalds (ick) than the dino nuggets from Costco.
5. "Shiny Diamond Things". She is definitely all girl. She loves lotion, makeup, lipgloss and specifically jewelry. In December we took her to the mall to see Santa. She jumped up on his lap and told him that she wanted "shiny diamond things". It was the first time we had heard that, and we laughed and laughed. I guess she is just like her mama! Notice the "diamond" crown from "Santa Gib".
6. Being outdoors to swing, take walks, look at/smell flowers, etc. Especially with grandma's and grandpa's. She made me laugh yesterday when she insisted on getting her gloves out so she could garden. They were winter mittens. It was so funny-I wish I would have taken a picture.
7. "Shows". She has a few favorite's which include Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Little Einsteins, and the (dreaded) Comcast on demand shows that last around 10 minutes or so. It's great because I can use them to get her to do something or I can take away the priviledge of watching one if she is acting up. I can hear her now- "I wanna watch a show, pleaaaasssee..."
8. Cousins/family/friends. She is all about being around family and gets so excited when we tell her that she gets to see a grandma, grandpa, aunt, uncle or cousin.
9. Coloring and drawing. The best Christmas present we got her this last year was an easel with a chalk board on one side and a dry-erase board on the other. It also has a roll of paper at the top so she can paint. (We have yet to do the painting part-Maybe someday in our own house...)
10. A "kiss, love and squeeze". Anyone who has been around Taylor knows that you won't get out the front door without one of these. And if you just try for a kiss only, she will request all three again. What a doll. I love her kisses and squeezes.
I tag: Isabel, Cami, Logan, Addyson, Jane and Dax

3 comments:
How cute! I am so glad you did that! Taylor is adorable! Also, congrats on the 1/2 marathon. Way to go! I lost my big toenail last july playing basketball with some girls in my ward...it is still growing out! I feel for you on that one. Kiss the french pedicures goodbye!
I love that you have a blog! It's fun to find our friends' blogs. Ok, Taylor's hair is BEAUTIFUL! I have always been...and will always be so jealous of her long locks! CUTE CUTE CUTE family!
Amy she is so cute! I found your blog through Kaci's. Taylor has gotten so big since I last saw her. I am glad we will be able to keep in touch, now that I finally have a blog. :)
Post a Comment