I am happy to report the Salt Lake Half Marathon was a success, especially with as little training as I did. I think my official finish time was right around 2:23. Despite the strong wind gusts along the course, it was, for the most part, a good run. I got really tired between miles 8 and 10, but after gagging down some "delicious" strawberry GU (I wouldn't recommend that flavor to ANYONE, EVER), I gained a little bit of steam back and finished. Christy was about 5 minutes ahead of me, Rommel about 35 min ahead! I woke up this morning feeling a little sore around my hip flexors and I am afraid I ma
y lose my big toenail, but other than that, I feel pretty good.
For those of you who have never done a long race, it really is a great feeling and sense of accomplishment when you cross the finish line. Everyone needs to experience it. And if you are thinking that there is no way you could do it, my recommendation is to go to a race and watch people (especially family) cross the finish line. It is so inspiring. I experienced that when I watched Christy do her first 1/2 marathon several years ago and my mom felt the same way yesterday. Maybe I can convince her to do the Disneyland Half in August...
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Slow and steady wins the race
Posted by AmyT at 9:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Good work Amy!! Maybe one day I'll get off my lazy bum and run a race. You will definitely be my inspiration! :D
Wow...you and Christy are amazing! Good job. I hope to do this one day...
Good job. Just remember, don't spend to much time in the porta-potty, even if the rising methane gas is warm :)
Great job Amy! I think I need to get with this running thing! Everyone in our family does it. I would run Disneyland just so I could go to Disneyland!
wow!!! I have always wished I could do something like that but alas, I am just not a runner. I usually give up in week 2 or 3 of trying to make it happen. Laura and Katie ran the LA marathon. I am so jealous! Good job!!!
Emily
Post a Comment