CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 28, 2008

It's that time again


It's now that time of year when I can get off my treadmill and venture outdoors for a run or two. Those of you who know me know that I do not enjoy running in cold, snowy, windy weather (hence the GREAT run last Saturday, right Christy?). To help motivate me for the longer runs my body so desperately needs at this point (or do I?), I signed up for the DisneyLand half marathon on August 31st. For me, signing up for a race pushes me to train, because I know if I don't get my long runs in, I will not be a pleasant person at the finish line. Or at mile 10 for that matter! Which leads me to the Salt Lake half marathon. My sister, Christy, has somehow convinced me to run with her on April 19th. With ZERO long runs under my belt (the max I usually go on a treadmill is six miles), this could prove to be disastrous. I have already planned the location where I will hide my rollerblades to finish the race. Wish me luck...

3 comments:

Jennifer Anne said...

Ha ha...your funny! Where do you plan on hiding these rollerblades?! Maybe i'll just get to them first...

Hawks Family said...

...I want to do this too. What are your plans?
love ya!

Rommel and Christy said...

LOL! We will hide our rollerblades on the side of the street. We will rock it!