CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 28, 2008

100 things about me

1. My favorite island to visit is Maui.
2. I am a "relaxed traveler". If I don't feel like doing or seeing something, I don't.
3. One of my favorite indulgences is a diet Coke with a large, buttery popcorn at a late movie.
4. I will eat the entire large popcorn myself, without feeling guilty.
5. I can't stand it when people kick the back of my chair in a movie theater.
6. Or if they talk loud and have stinky, perio breath.
7. I am a night owl. I can read, watch movies/DVR shows until 2 or 3 am.
8. I wish I was more of a morning person, but that causes a conflict with #7.
9. I have a serious addiction with sweets, specifically chocolate and decadent desserts.
10. Other than the sweets, I eat pretty healthy.
11. I get a pedicure every four weeks, a massage every five.
12. I never get manicures- I can do that myself. Very simple- file them and paint a clear coat of polish.
13. I have done several beauty pageants in my day.
14. I have won three of them, and placed in the top five nationally for two of them.
15. Barbara Mandrell's poochy-gut daughter beat me out the Top Ten at Miss Teen USA. Thank you politics.
16. I have met Dick Clark, Billy Joel, Lionel Richie, The Beach Boys, and The Wiggles. Aren't I special?
17. I am so grateful for my DVR. What an invention! And how did I ever live without it?
18. I always regret eating Cafe Rio, but enjoy every minute of it.
19. I have no problem spending a couple thousand for a handbag.


20. Specifically, Louis Vuitton.
21. I don't LOVE to run, but I do it because I like how I feel after. That, and it keeps me in shape.
22. I still laugh out loud when I think of the melted red Sport Bean in the crotch of Christy's
running shorts after the Provo River 1/2 marathon.
23. I am a newbie to yoga, but really enjoy it.
24. I started playing the piano at age 8.
25. My singing is pretty poor.
26. I wish I could sing better.
27. I secretly enjoy any form of reality tv. I know, sad.
28. I will admit that I have made some big mistakes in my life.
29. I will also admit that I have tried to make amends to those mistakes.
30. I love to ski Powell early in the morning.

31. I am probably the last human that still enjoys kneeboarding.
32. I wish Seinfeld was still on tv.
33. I love designer jeans. My favs include Rock and Republics, Sevens and True Religions.
34. I am 5'10" and wish I was a little taller.
35. Breastfeeding was a serious struggle for me. But I faithfully did it anyway.
36. I strongly dislike red meat and grisly chicken.
37. The smell of McDonalds makes me sick.
38. I like to "pick". Guess I should have been a dermatologist instead...
39. I don't take my multivitamins as often as I should.
40. I graduated 4.0 high school.
41. I graduated Weber State University, receiving all straight A's except one A- from a "Listening" communications class. Da*n teacher ruined my perfect record.

42. 99% of my jeans are hemmed for tall heeled boots. I basically have two pair I can wear with flats.
43. Every pair of boots I own has a pointed toe. Except my Uggs.
44. I love being a mom.
45. My daughter makes me a better person.
46. My favorite restaurants in SLC include Market Street, Cheesecake Factory and Tuscany.
47. At Market Street, I always order the salmon with a side of asparagus. And of course, the creme brulee.
48. I LOVE the crab cakes from Nick's Fish Market (Maui) and The Beach House (Kauai).
49. I love to watch high fashion runway.
50. I have always wanted to do runway. There's a strange power that comes with it.
51. I love to read.
52. I have a soft spot for animals.
53. I have never been to Europe, but hope to go in the next few years.
54. I wish I could speak another language.
55. I sometimes sluff church.
56. I could take a two hour nap everyday.
57. I floss twice a day.
58. I floss Taylor's teeth twice a day.
59. I am not a patient person.
60. Taylor is teaching me patience.
61. I love Haagan Daaz chocolate ice cream, homemade tapioca pudding, and pound cake soaked in milk(or any cake for that matter).
62. My baby brother Mike is serving a mission in South Carolina. I am so proud of him.



63. My favorite groups are U2 and the Beatles.
64. The only broken bone I have ever had happened in a ward basketball game. Ring finger on my left hand.
65. I have two purebred siamese cate, Tiki and Jasmine.
66. I love the smell of a new car, the pavement when it rains, and Taylor after a bath.
67. I spend too much time on the computer.
68. I think NYC is a fascinating place to visit.


69. The best deli sandwich I have ever eaten was in NYC.
70. I always drive over the speed limit(except in neighborhoods).
71. I have learned to manage my road rage. There are just so many stupid drivers in Utah.
72. I will have a panic attack if I don't have chapstick available at all times, and I place a heavy coat prior to bed.
73. I am an organized person.
74. Taylor's toys can sit out all day on the floor, but there's never dishes in the sink.
75. I only sleep on my side. NEVER on my stomach.
76. I strongly dislike milk and you will never see me drinking a glass of it. EVER.
77. I weigh myself morning and night.
78. I could spend an entire day on the beach or by the pool. All I need is a good book and a good drink. (And of course, some spf)
79. I think I get a high from a great work out. It's addicting.
80. I love the mediterranean pizza from Nick and Willy's in Holladay.
81. I brag about my daughter all the time. I have reason to.


82. I love diamonds. Big diamonds. But who doesn't?
83. I am generally a positive person, but have been pretty pessimistic lately.
84. I sing along to the Wiggles and Raffi in the car with Taylor.
85. If I had to choose between milk and dark, I'd go with dark chocolate. Especially m&m's.
86. I said I would never get into the "texting thing", but unfortunately I am now the master texter.
87. I feel like I have seasonal allergies year round. My nose never stops.
88. As a child, I would cry so hard, turn blue and my parents would rush me to the hospital. This would happen quite frequently.
89. I have a wonderful husband, great parents, and close, loving siblings.
90. I can walk into a store, pick an item, and it is usually one of the most expensive. I will agree with Justyn that I have expensive taste. Maybe it's in the genes?
91. The fall and spring are my favorite times of the year.
92. I could spend a week at Stein Erikson in Deer Valley. Especially in the fall.
93. I truly enjoy Christmas with all of my extended and immediate family. Great memories.
94. I think it is more exciting to give a gift than receive one. Especially a gift that will totally surprise and thrill the receiver.
95. A few of my favorite movies include The Notebook, The Bourne series, Pride and Prejudice and any other chick flick.
96. I have 'yelled' at a neighbor to shut her dog up. (He had been barking ALL DAY LONG)
97. I don't answer the door during the day unless I an expecting someone.
98. I always check my caller ID and selectively screen my calls... Sorry.
99. Although I don't drink coffee, I love the taste of mocha, espresso, etc.
100. I bawled at the airport when my brother James returned from Iraq. I am so proud of him.



101. I really enjoy my life. And will enjoy it even more when I have my own house again...

I tag Christy, Emily T., Emily B., Jennifer E.,
Dad and Lisa

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Am!

Just checking in on ya and it is good to know that I still see the same Amy in your list today that I was BFF with in high school.

What is the latest with all the house stuff? I guess you should just email me. I'll be in Utah with the boys in early May, so maybe we should do lunch - it would be so fun to catch up!!
talk to you soon.

Eames said...

I didn't realize how much we have in common! You REALLY should join us for my b-day dinner. We had to change it to the 18th of April. There was a conflict on the 25th.

Tami said...

Aimers: I love dark M & M's, too. You should try the Creme Brulee at Porcupine Grill...mmmm! I don't drink coffee, but I love the smell of it brewing, particularly when mixed with new book smell at Barnes & Noble!

Your blog is darling! Taylor is so cute!

Rommel and Christy said...

Cute Amy...thanks for spilling the "beans" about my most embarrassing story...

Nikole said...

Okay, now I know why you are so skinny...you weigh yourself morning and night? Is that daily? I try to avoid scales..maybe I should start this and face reality! I loved the "poochy gut" comment. Hilarious! And about the diamonds...AMEN!

Hawks Family said...

looks like fun Amy, I will work on mine, I loved reading yours!
have a great day!