About a week ago, Cottonwood Heights was having a kids fair, with those bouncy-jumpy things, snacks, a "reptile guy" and Shrek 3 at dark. We decided to take Taylor, figuring she would love to play inside the Cinderella castle bouncy-thing (sorry, I don't know the official name for one of those things). We pay the two dollars admission and head toward the activities. As we get closer, Taylor starts to grip my hand a little tighter and begins reassuring herself that "everything will be fun". Being the nervous little goof she is, I decide to go inside the castle with her. Once inside, she screams and screams at the top of her lungs that she wants out. Pure embarrassment for me. We take her out and wander over to the "reptile man", who is showing kids a variety of snakes, including a boa constrictor that is 150 pounds and 14 feet long. Was she scared? Heavens no! It's just a snake, mom! A snake that could kill an adult I might add. She touched and petted that thing like it was a baby kitten. "Mom, feel how soft and silky his skin is!" And what about the smaller snake the kids could hold, you ask? Well, she wanted it around her neck. As it started to slither up her face, she was all smiles. Go figure. She hates oak leaves, but doesn't mind hanging out with a boa. Sometimes I can't figure this kid out.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Go figure
Posted by AmyT at 5:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
That is awesome! I would be terrified of a snake. That is amazing that she wasn't scared of a snake, but hated the bouncy-bounce! That is really funny.
Yikes! She is so brave! I don't even think I would touch a snake.
How awesome is that! I'm sure justyn was so proud of his little tomboy! I would have been scared to death of a snake around my neck at her age and would have opted for the cinderella bouncy thinger.
So cute Amy, your daughter is a star! I love the pictures of her first haircut!
Emily
Oh my heck! That is so funny! I bet you were scared to death. That snake was huge. I wounldn't of been able to go near it. That is so Awesome though. Thanks so much for calling me this last week to order. You are so cute to remember that I do that. Let me know if anything doesn't work out. :)
Post a Comment