I, Amy Tebbs, survived girls camp. Need I say more?
Believe it or not, I actually had a great time at girls camp. It definitely wasn't the Ritz Carlton, but what should I have expected right? I am sure it was quite the sight to see me bundled up at night in thermals, fleece pajamas, two pairs of thick socks, a ski cap (to prevent bugs from crawling in my ears while asleep), a hoodie sweatshirt (with the hoodie up and cinched tight), and thick Cabella's gloves. Oh, and don't forget the huge air mattress equipped with three fleece blankets and a VERY warm sleeping bag. I was snug as a bug. Dorky, I know, and some of you may be thinking (especially my mom), "You must have roasted in your tent! You're crazy!", but I was actually the perfect temperature. I freeze at night, even at home, so I came prepared to stay warm. All in all (minus the spiders, bees, ticks and dive bombing moths at night), I had such a wonderful time with all of the amazing girls and leaders. Glad to be home for a nice shower and soft bed though.

9 comments:
Way to go Amy! I'm proud of you. I would have died with all that gear on!
Nikole-
You STILL haven't added me to your blog so I can view it! Its been months! I miss reading up on the Martha Stewart of the fam...
Too funny!
Good job! I am glad to see you survived. It sounds like you are a real camper!!! My sister just went to girls camp too. Crazy! I bet all the girls just love you there!
I don't think I could do that! Luckily I seem to always find myself in the primary! Girls camp scares me! Cute blog and cute pictures. How is it that you still look gorgeous even camping??
Em
Congrats Amy, I am so proud of you and your camping skills!!
Oh fun! That is weird...That is my old ward! I forgot I used to be in your in laws ward. Do you love your Bishop? He is my favorite! Looks like you had a good time! It's so nice coming home to shower!:)
Ewee! The picture with the snake is disgusting. Bunko was fun last night. Your food was super good. Always the highlight of Bunko if you ask me. Your blog is darling. Here is how you change your settings. Log into your acct., click customize, click settings, click no to "add your blog to our listings" and click no to "let search engines find you". Good luck and I will be blog stalking you! Becca
Ha ha...go Amy! You are a real survivor! :) I hope you left your expensive clothing at home...
Post a Comment